Monday, August 16, 2010

New Experience

Yesterday was my very first experience as a recording artist attempted to record my debut single. Oh my..... it's a totally different experience all together as a recording artist.

I have recorded an album for my personal collection last year, which I simply pick a few songs, practice a few times and headed to the studio and recorded the songs. That was really easy as it was just like singing Karaoke.

The 2-3 hours spent in the studio yesterday has proved challenging. I was really nervous but still I thought I would be able to finish recording the song in that one session. But I was so wrong. It is not that easy after all. What makes it even more challenging is because I write my own songs so everything has to starts from scratch and it is really depends on myself how I'll deliver the songs well in my own style.

I finally understand why some artists can actually take a few years to produce one album and now it makes total sense to me as in why these days the recording companies would release singles as and when a new song completed. It is really not easy to produce an album and it does take lots of time and hard work to make good music.

It's gonna require more effort than what I've expected but nonetheless it is a great experience and I am glad that I have make it this far. :)

Though I wish to release my single as soon as possible but I'm not going to rush it for the sake of doing it.

I promise myself and those who support me that I will make serious and good music. :)

So, please be patient my dear friends! Cheers!

No comments: