Sunday, March 08, 2009

Free...Really?

I know it is a normal reaction whenever we are being approached by stranger, before really listen to what the other person has to say, our very first reaction or answer is always 'No'.

I was given lots of free movie tickets & free popcorn combo set passes by my bro in law for movies at Cathay Cineplex. Keith & I had our movie marathon 2 weeks ago on our own for we only had 8 tickets. We gave away our popcorn coupons as we didn't want to waste it. That was easy.

This round I was given even more tickets and I shared them with my friends & even FB friends. each movie passes comes with a popcorn combo set.

We went to another round of movie marathon with 4 other friends today. As we don't intend to use all the popcorn coupons so instead of wasting it, again I gave it to some lucky strangers who were queuing up for their snacks & movie tickets.

And that's when I truly understand how it feels like when you offer to give away something free and people actually turned you down!

So, the incident was like this....
Me as L, Keith as K and the stranger (Chinese guy) as S.

L: Hi! are you planning to buy the popcorn set?
S: Ya, I am.
L: Alright, may I know how many set do you intend to buy?
S: Mmm.. think I'll buy 2 sets.
L: Oh, that's great. Actually I have some extra free popcorn combo set coupons, so I would like to give it to you. Don't worry, it's free.
S: It's free? Ermm..no thank you. I think it's ok.
(My brain was clotted for a split second and I was stunned for a while)
(This guy just said 'No' to my offer of giving him my free coupons?!?!?)
That's when Keith walked up next to me and came into my rescue...
K: It's really free... (and I quickly added)
L: Ya..it's free and there's no catch.
S: It's free, is it? Oh ok, thanks a lot.

So I quickly tear down 2 coupons and passed it to S and walked away. I still had a few more coupons at that time but I was kind of offended by S's reaction so I passed the rest of the coupons to Keith & asked him to gave away the rest.

So S went to the counter and passed the coupons to the cinema's crew. And I think when he found out that it was a real deal, he turn to face me and thank me furiously, twice.

See, want to give away free stuff also not easy as no one believes there is such thing as 'free' coz in order for us to get 'free' stuff, we must always spend a certain amount of money first.

Well, to me when I have goodies & free stuffs and I know Keith & me can't utilise it all, I rather share it with my family, friends and yes, even strangers because it makes me happy when I make someone happy. :)

So you people out there....I'll love to share it again if I get any free stuffs in the future. So, watch out! :P

No comments: