Saturday, October 25, 2014

Donations

Sometimes really don't know to laugh or cry when there are random people come up to you and ask for donation and if you refuse them they kind of give you the look as if you have no heart nor empathy.

Today I was having tea with Keith and his sis. Someone came up and ask for donation so Keith signed the paper to donate but he had no small change so he asked his sis for the money first. I think that guy mistaken Keith and his sis were husband and wife and I was their friend or something. So he asked me to donate too and I shook my head. The guy tried to pestered me and then Keith said "it's ok, we donate together' to the guy. Then the guy gave me the 'stare' while thanking Keith and his sis very fervently.

The truth is me and Keith always make donations randomly every now and then. So when those people give me weird stare sometimes I really feel like telling them how much or where I have donated so please don't think ill of me. But then again, why does it matter, right? We don't have to make announcement and tell the whole world each time we make a donation coz no one really cares.

As long we have a clear conscience and we know we have do our part giving back to the society then it is good enough. If we have to donate to every home we will not have money left for ourselves. :/

No comments: