Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Mother's Day

I've been dreading about today for months. I wasn't sure how to react or not react towards all the constant Mother's Day ads popping up everywhere. But I am not alone in this. There are many grieving moms and dads like Keith & I everywhere and we all have these mix feelings, or not. 

A strong sense of peace came to me yesterday after reading an article and I am no longer afraid to face this day. I am a Mom and no one can take that away from me. I want to embrace the celebration instead of fearing and avoiding it. 

Although our lovely daughter, Cassandra is in Heaven and she was in me and with me for a brief few months but once a Mother, Forever a Mother irregardless where my child is. I (we grieving moms) deserved to be celebrated as much as any other mothers who have living children. 

As a Mom I am sad for the obvious reason. :'(

But as a daughter, I am happy and blessed. Both my beloved mom and mom-in-law are still alive and healthy and I'm grateful for them and everything they have done for me. I Love You Both!

Happy Mother's Day!!!! God Bless!

No comments: