Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Taipei Taipei

Just came back from my little retreat from Taipei with my beloved on Sunday. I was there for 5D/4N free and easy trip.

It is now summer in Taiwan and the weather is so so hot! The very first thing I bought in Taipei after I checked in to the hotel was sunblock. :D

Didn't really like the food there but the beef noodles are to die for. I also like the braise duck found in 西門町 itself, but I forgot the name of the restaurant.

I had the best bubble tea ever called 青蛙撞奶 found at this 陳三鼎黑糖粉圓鮮奶專賣店 near 公館 station. The queue was super long but it was worth the wait. 

Before I go to Taiwan, many people told me that things in Taiwan are VERY CHEAP. But sadly it is not. Maybe I've went there at the wrong timing as I heard during Winter and Spring, the stuffs selling there are really very cheap.

Went to a few tourist spots and did a lot of walking under the hot sun everyday. Thank God for their nice and well planned subway facilities that we also get to avoid the sun as much as possible walking underground.

It was overall a nice place to visit as the Taiwanese are really very friendly and helpful. Especially for the Chinese, you would not feel like a foreigner when you are there.

 


No comments: