Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Legend Has Gone..

Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong left his family and friends this morning.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/23/nation/20071023130341&sec=nation&focus=1

When I first heard about it I was utterly shocked. I actually forgot about my office phone number (which I repeated every single day) when I was on the phone with someone this morning. I practically mumbled some wrong numbers repeatedly to the person over the phone. In the end, I had to refer to my name card to get the correct number.

Why? Not that I’m related or know Late Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong personally. This has got nothing to do with me at all and many people pass away everyday.

Well, maybe because he reminds me of the time I lost my grandpa 3 years ago, and maybe because he was indeed my friends’ grandpa.

Though I have only heard about his legendary story from bit & pieces (didn’t buy his biography) but he is no doubt a great inspiration to all. It is an awesome lifetime achievement for a person who didn’t get much education and traveled all the way from China to a foreign place.

I respect him for what he did and admire him from the bottom of my heart for his foresight of the achievement of the Empire that he has built single-handedly, Genting Hihglands.

Gone is the body, but his Great Spirit will lives on… and his story will be told from generation to generation.

My deepest condolences to his family. May you rest in peace, Tan Sri!

No comments: