Monday, October 22, 2007

What I've Done?!?

Have not put up any post for slightly more than a week...hmmm...wonder if anyone misses reading my post??? (Hehehe...I know it's very unlikely but no harm for me to dream a little) :P

Where I've been? How come I didn't post anything for so many days? Well....I was actually reading a book that consists of 4 books in one volume. It’s a special ‘Select Editions’ by Reader’s Digest (RD).

They are:

  • The Ambler Warning by Robert Ludlum –Hidden on a remote island is a top-secret facility housing former US intelligence operatives who present a security risk to their government. One of them escapes – only to find that every detail of his past has been erased. On the run, he uncovers a high-level conspiracy to bring about a major shift in the balance of world power.

  • True Believer by Nicholas Sparks – A science journalist, hears about the ghostly lights that appear on foggy nights in a cemetery in North Carolina and sets off to investigate. On arriving in Boone Creek he is charmed by the locals. He soon discovers that logic is no help when it comes to unraveling matters of the human heart.

  • Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston – When a fossil hunter makes the discovery of a lifetime in a canyon in New Mexico, he soon has a host of interested parties on his tail, including a greedy collector, a passionate scientist, and a vet, who just wants to do right by a dead man’s daughter. This Indiana-Jones-style adventure novel takes an intriguing look at what caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.

  • Quite Honestly by John Mortimer – When a well-meaning volunteer sets out to reform an ex-con, she finds it isn’t that easy. She hatches a plan o proves her dedication to the cause, which results in the tables being turned in an unexpected way.

Wonder any of you ever read their books? I never heard of them until I received this book from RD. At first I was so happy you know coz I subscribed to RD 1-year issues so I thought they’ve given me this book @ F.O.C.

Just when I’ve read about 80%, RD sent me a ‘Reminder’ and asked me to pay up. @^#^%#!? I don’t recall seeing any bill earlier also. I've finished reading it yesterday so can I return the book now? Can I not pay?

Err…..I was just joking alright. It only cost RM29.90 for 4 books man. Of course I’ll pay. Those are good novels and I’d love to keep it. And I'll certainly look out for more books by the above authors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well dun think anyone missed you huh!??? Wanna know why? COs u were so engrossed in the book that u didnt even noticed me missing you! Ha ha! Muaks!