Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Kota Kinabalu Holiday

Wow, I've not update my blog for almost 1 week already. Actually been kind of busy and I just came back from a short holiday with my darling to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. So, in another word I've also fulfilled another dream of mine, I mean to go back to the place I was born and also the place where I'd spent the first 3-4 years of my childhood.
We were staying in this Magellan Sutera Harbour Resort near the city area, thus everything was very convenient for us as the hotel also provide free shuttle to the city area every hour.
Following are some shots we took during our trip there. We went to Kinabalu Park for jungle trekking, Canopy Walk (Suspension bridge) and also the Poring Hot Spring. All in all it was really fun but it was equally tiring as well. Nevertheless, it was a really nice experience as I have never gone for any jungle trekking before this. Initially, my main concern was my left leg as I had the tendon injury before, though it has recovered and the functionality is 90%, but due to the old injury, it is more vulnerable & prone to injury if I'm not careful. But, thank God, with my determination and faith, I've managed to made it through like the others and I didn't caused any delay to others. So, I'm rather proud of myself, only that now my legs are really aching. But it was worthy! :)
One of the view look out from our hotel

The entrance of Mandara Spa @ Magellan Sutera Harbour

Another sea view looking out from Al Fresco Restaurant @ Magellan Sutera Harbour, where we had our lunch on the first day

The bar area at Al Fresco Restaurant

Tid-Bits served at Al Fresco Restaurant (Nice!)

A shot at Port View Restaurant a.k.a. CUT-THROAT-BLOOD-SUCKING-SLAUGHTER in KK
(Don't ever go there to eat)




A shot in front of our hotel

Evening shot at Sutera Harbour Marina Bay

Keith taking his cycling break (Yes, we rented 2 bicycles and cycled around the Marina Bay, it was so nice)


This is the start of our Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Spring trip (You can see Mt. Kinabalu in the background)

Nice clear view of Mt. Kinabalu

This is just a small suspension bridge on the way to Kinabalu Park

Another nice angle of Mt. Kinabalu

This is an 'Emergency' toilet at the road side, but Keith said it is not in a usable condition.


Another close-up of Mt. Kinabalu

One more close-up from different angle

Stop by at one of the Handy-craft shops in one of the village

The entrance of the Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Spring


The start of our jungle trekking. Gambatte!!!

Struggling~~~

Group Photo: Keith & I, Mr. & Mrs. Lada from Germany, another couple from M'sia

This tree is over 100 years old. It was really tall & huge!

Waiting for our turn to go on the bridge as at one time only max. of 6 people are allowed


We rented a private room for the Hot Spring (Sulfur water)

Me in the tub soaking in the Hot Spring water


Feeling clean & refreshing after the soak

Puplic pools area for the Hot Spring

Don't know what plant is it but it was very nice (Do I look like I'm trying to showcase the flower?)


These are the Giant Bamboo Trees. Couldn't captured the tip of the trees as its so tall. See how small Keith is at the bottom right corner of the pic.

Me in front of water fall


Keith in front of water fall


Nice mountain view at the restaurant where we had our lunch after the jungle trekking



Stick-insect

These little insects are very cute coz when you catch it, it would play dead by not moving
(Cunning & smart little creature)

Keith with one of the hotel staff in traditional costume

Me & the cute girl

Breakfast @ Five Sails Restaurant @ Magellan Sutera Harbour on our last day

A couple-shot at our room's balcony at Magellan Sutera Harbour

The funny thing was, before I go to KK, I heard a lot of people who'd been there saying that KK girls are very pretty but during our trip there we didn't see any pretty girls around. where were all the leng-luis (pretty girls) in KK?

Even though a lot of people say seafood in East Malaysia is very cheap but it 's not entirely true. If you go to those tourists' area, it will cost you more than KL, thus do ask around for places that only locals know about (meaning no tourists) then only you'll get to enjoy fresh & cheap seafood.

I'll definetely want to go back to KK again next time! It is surely a nice place to relax & chill-out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

war... look like a nice trip babe... didn't know malaysia got such a nice place... wooo... and omg.. u actually holding that insect.. if is me.. i think i jump up and down d...