Friday, July 10, 2009

Presentable? No?!

I'm not upset anymore even though I was when I first saw the comment on one of my photo in FB, but I am larger than that so I'm totally cool after 5 minutes.

I know I should let it go and not talk about it anymore and let go I did, but I'm just still can't comprehend that kind of comment from a total stranger. For crying out loud, it was just some photos taken by 2 friends for fun so that they could practice and improve their photography skills while I get the chance to feel how is it like to be a 'model'.

You see, I am really used to people telling me that I'm not pretty when I was young and I had totally NO self esteem at all. There were plenty of emotional breakdown in the past of me crying and complaining about how disgusting I find myself each time I look into the mirror and seeing my own reflection. I only managed to build up some self esteem 2 years back by the help of my hubby unconditional love & patience and made me understand and realise that I should love myself and be grateful for what God has given me. And I've learned to accept who I am and how I look.

It is not an easy thing to go through growing up with people telling you that you are not pretty and that you are always the last choice because you don't look as cute or pretty as the others. I am still struggling with self esteem issue and sometimes it is really hard to keep up the positive thinking and motivation.

I wasn't upset at all when the person commented that I'm not pretty but I was utterly shock that she actually said I'm not 'Presentable'?!?!! I'm not pretty alright but who cares, that's the face God has given me and how God has made me. But...but....to the extend of being not presentable, that is really hurtful coz seriously, even though I never think myself as 'pretty' or 'beautiful' I never realise that I am that 'ugly' to the point that being not presentable at all.

Should I hide myself at home or wear a mask when I go out so that I will not disgust people?

LOL.....

No comments: