Saturday, June 19, 2010

On Treatment for H. Pylori Bacteria

Keith & I went for a blood test last month and a bacteria called, Helicobacter Pylori or H. Pylori in short were detected in my blood. I was advise to do a further check up for confirmation if that bacteria is found in my stomach as well. Hence, I made an appointment and went to a hospital this morning and did an Endoscopy.

The test came back positive and according to the doctor my stomach lining was very red, which might due to some inflammation. So now I have to take 1 week medication to treat it and to see the doctor again in 2 weeks time.

It is not really serious as many people have these bacteria in them nowadays. However, it is good to detect it and treat it early as this is the type of bacteria which might cause stomach ulcer/cancer in the long run if not treated.

So for those who always have gastric pain, heartburn or feel bloated even though you have a proper diet practice, do go and do a blood test on this H.Pylori bacteria to fins out if your problem is causes by that. Do not take it lightly as it might turn to something bad if not treated properly.

The procedure was pretty simple as I don't remember when I was knock out and when it ended as they put me on general anesthesia. As the dosage was low hence the grogginess didn't lasted very long after I regained consciousness.

The only down side is, when they stuffed the tube down my throat to my stomach to extract the cells for the test, it must have scratched my throat as it is a bit painful and swollen even until now. Hope the swell and pain will go away soon.

No comments: