Monday, June 14, 2010

When Inspiration Strikes....

An inspiration just strike me this morning when I was busy working. I had to quickly write down whatever flow into my mind while rushing for my work. :D

I was kind of panicky as I still don't know how to use my new phone for voice recording and I didn't have time to figure it out then so in fear of forgetting the melody, I had to keep singing it in my head over and over again while working on the lyrics.

Whenever I have the inspiration to write a song, it is ALWAYS the chorus that strikes my mind first. So each time all the chorus are easy peasy. And then I have to slowly work on the other part of the songs.

I have a real love-hate relations with song writing as most of the time when I think of a title and try to write something, nothing would come out. My sudden inspiration always came unexpectedly and often caught me off guard and when I don't have the chance to actually record it down there and then, I'd have to try my best not to forget it. But sadly not all the time I can remember it as after a while the mind tend to drift off to some other thoughts. :D If I'm lucky, sometimes the melody does come back then I can continue to work on it. :)

As I am working on my solo album now, hence I am under pressure to write the songs. Yes, my debut solo album is gonna features all songs written by myself. :)

3 comments:

Keith said...

Does this mean i have to buy you a voice recorder? Good luck honey!

Unknown said...

lol, thx... no need dear. Just forgot to bring my MP4 today. Gonna take it with me 24x7. :D

Keith said...

Tot you wanted something like the recorder from Full House! Haha!