Monday, December 31, 2007

Double Happiness

On Christmas Day, we had a small gathering for family, relatives and close friends at my in-laws’ place.

Jaime: Merry Christmas, Liz! This is for you. (Jaime handed a bag of present to me)
Liz: Oh! Thanks a lot! (I then placed the present upstairs)

Half an hour later when I joined Jaime & Daniel…

Jaime: Liz, why don’t you bring the present down and open it now?
Liz: Errr…..open now?
Jaime: Ya, bring down and open it ler…
Liz: Okie!

After half a minute, I was surrounded by a few friends while opening the gift from Jaime.

When the gift’s unwrapped, the first thing I saw was a box printed with ‘Nokia 6120 Classic’

Caroline & Joyce: Wow, it’s a phone! It’s a phone!

At this moment, I still haven’t react coz I thought it was just a box Jaime used to wrap the gift she bought me.

So, when I opened the cover, there it was, a white colour Nokia hand phone sitting in the box.

I was stoned and just utter: “Oh! It’s a phone” and stared at Jaime blankly (I was stoned mah)

Jaime: I know your phone got problem already so I bought you a phone loh. Hehehe…

Then suddenly I was so excited and I hugged Jaime so tight and thanked her & Daniel furiously!

Jaime & Daniel: Actually, we are just the messengers; the real person behind this is standing right behind you.

That’s when I turned my head sharply to the back & saw Keith standing there.

Keith: (with both his hands on his hip) Haiyo! Where got ppl so stupid?! You really think Jaime would buy you a phone ah?!?!

Liz: (that’s when I realized how silly and naïve I was) Oh! Thank you darling! Muaks!

Keith: You really think Jaime would buy you a phone as Christmas present ah?

Liz: How I know, maybe, why not? :P……………@@! Sei Ler (means Die in Cantonese)

Keith: HAHAHA…do you all know why she suddenly says that? Coz, yesterday I told her I don’t know what to get for her for Christmas, so she asked me to get her the Ferragamo perfume. That’s why now she says ‘Die!’
Both the hand phone plus perfume, it cost me RM1000/-

Liz: …………… (I bought him a Billabong shirt cost only RM100) T_T


Then only I recalled, no wonder from the day I came back from ShenZhen, he kept asking me if I want a new phone and I told him no and just get me a new battery good enough coz I think it’s the old battery that causing all the problems.

Apparently, he has started sourcing for a new phone for me the week before I leave for my China trip.

And this was how the funny but sweet story came about. I ended up with 2 Christmas presents from my darling this year!




























How sweet it is to be love by you, baby! And I love you too!

No comments: