Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What a way to start off my new year!!!

Today is my first day back to work after being away from office for like more than 2 weeks (though I did went back twice for short while to had something done).

I decided not to go out for lunch today and had my instant cup noodle in office instead. My colleague, C, borrowed my car to go for lunch as her car was parked far away from our office.
After an hour or so, I received a phone call from her and she started apologizing when I picked up the phone and she sounded like she was in tears. Oh No! Oh Gosh! I can smell something’s wrong……. And true enough…… she confessed that she has banged into someone’s car.

Another colleague of mine fetch me to meet up with C, where the accident was. When I reached there, the other guy was gone. He told C that he would inform C the cost of repair once he has the mechanic estimates it.

I really didn’t know how to react or what to say as I was kind of upset. I was basically upset because my car is damaged, but at the same time I feel really sorry for C. She did not do that on purpose, it was an accident, and I know she feels really upset coz it was someone else car. I was kind of expressionless when I saw my car and I did not shown any emotion at all.

I was and I am still upset, but I do not wish to rub salt to the wound. No matter what, it was an accident and the damage is already done so no point pointing finger and keep blaming the person. All I wish now is the cost of repair for my car and the other man’s car won’t be too high otherwise it will be quite a financial burden for C. Sympathetic yes, however I can’t tell her no needs to pay or I’ll share half the cost also mah….

If you have a car accident with a total stranger, it is always very easy to handle coz you don’t know each other, you have no relations and certainly has no feelings or whatsoever, but when your friend borrowed your car and involved in an accident or the other way round, surely both parties would feel terrible.

Hmm…. Actually my little Kelisa has been with me for 5 years and so far it has met with 2 accidents. First one, I was knocked from the rear 1 week before my wedding in year 2004. And now, my car banged into someone else’s car, only that I wasn’t the driver. Poor baby! (That’s what my father in-law called my Kelisa after he heard the story).

I roughly know how much my repair will cost thus I really hope that the other man’s car damage is not so serious; otherwise I really don’t know how C is going to pay for it.

Sigh… I would like to help but then it doesn’t make sense. If I was the driver things would not be this complicated…..

























No comments: