Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When are you going to have kid? That is the damn Question!!!!

When is your turn? When do you want to have kid? Don’t wait too long....

When you are single people keep asking if you have a boyfriend, when you have a boyfriend people keep asking when will you get married, when you are married then people will keep asking when do you want to have kid and start a family?

Sigh…..I don’t mean to offend anyone but these are the questions that I don’t like to hear from anyone. Just leave us alone!!!! We are not ready to have kid yet and we might not even want to have kid ever!!!! Who said after getting married must have children??? What is the reason of having children?

Having been asked and debated about this issue many times, these are the reasons I’ve gathered from everyone that why we should have kid.

1. To make your marriage complete and have a ‘Family’


2. You won’t be lonely when you are old

3. Your children could take care of you when you are old

4. 10 – 20 years down the road, when you are bored of each other, at least you have your children around

5. You’ll know the joy of parenthood when you have kid

Keith & I always have something to counter back…

1. Do you mean marriage without children will not have God’s blessing? You mean husband & wife are not regarded as ‘Family’?!?!


2. When your kids grow up they will be moving out and have their own life and own family so in the end it will still left with the 2 of us

3. How sure are you that your kids will take care of you when you are old? I’ve known many people where their children abandoned them or hardly visit them. So, there is no guarantee, you know?

4. There’s the problem of most people. To say that, it shows how negative people are about marriage. They often perceive marriage as the grave of romance. How sad!!!

5. Of course I know the joy of being a parent, but I also know there is more pain involved too.


The level of sacrifices, no more freedom, financial burden, heartache and worries about the kid safety & future, you have to always think of your kid first in everything you do, your kid become the primary and your spouse and yourself become secondary. Yes, I know them all.

You can call me selfish but I’m really reluctant to make all the sacrifices. To give up all my freedom knowing that when I wake up on Saturday morning, I can no longer think about what I want to have for breakfast and head straight for it, instead I have to get my kid ready, feed the little fellow before I can think of myself.

I used to love kids a lot and used to visualise the life with a son and daughter when I was younger. But, don’t know why, as I grow older I kind of reject the idea and prefer to just enjoy the couple hood, which all I need to think of is my hubby and myself.

I don’t know and I don’t want to think about this too much. Perhaps one day I’ll sing a totally different tune about having children but as for now, NO WAY.

No comments: