Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Changes

Still remember when I first heard about the acquisition of my company by another organisation, it was just one month after I went back to work after my post-surgery long rest at home.

I was clueless what lies ahead of me, whether I'll be retain or lay-off when the new management took over. There were a lot of speculations, rumours, worries and uncertainty among the staffs. Well, we finally got the answer yesterday though.

Well, I am grateful that my bosses recommended me to the new management and they have decided to retain me, but then I'm being assigned to an entirely different role as what I'm doing now. Personally, I don't really have any issue with the new job functions, however, I do have some issue with some individuals that I'll have to work closely with. It's really complicated and it is sensitive, thus I will not illustrate further.

Anyway, there is still no clear job descriptions for the new role that I'm being put into thus I can't comment much whether I'll accept the new offer or I'll like my new role. Guess will have to wait till next week for me to find out more.

Things are moving really fast and all of us (almost all of us :( ) are required to move over to the new office as of early next month. Hmmm..... in one hand I'm excited over this whole thing but at the same time, kind of worry coz we are moving to a new company with new environment, new colleagues, new culture, new practices and all that.

I've never afraid of change and I'm always willing to take up new challenge. I do believe changes, whether it is about our daily lives, work place, relationship, friendship and etc, good or bad, is always a positive thing coz it is thru the process of 'change', we fall, we learn, we challenge and we grow. It maybe painful along the way but if we could persevere and make it till the end, it will makes us stronger, wiser and we will also learn to appreciate what we have and be proud of what we've achieved when we look back the journey we've made thus far.

However, I feel really sorry for a few colleagues of mine whom the new management has decided to laid-off. But then, when one door closes, another opens. I believe this is some blessing in disguise by God that He, has a greater & better plans for them. :)

Thoughtful Quotes:
Readjusting is a painful process, but most of us need it at one time or another.~Arthur Christopher Benson~

Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.~Arnold Bennett~

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. ~Victor Frankl

No comments: