Saturday, April 19, 2008

Plastic Beauty…A Turn Off?

What are the general perceptions of people toward Cosmetic/Plastic surgery these days?

Some people might say its fake, pretentious, artificial, unnatural, lies, deceitful, phony, etc. Say or call it whatever you like, but the blatant truth is, no one cares, especially for guys (well, at least for the majority), they certainly don’t mind if they find out a hot chic, be it an acquaintance or his own girlfriend ever went under the knife and artificially altered herself.

I once read a testimony (in a local magazine) sent in by a guy about his experience on One-Night-Stand with a girl that he picked up from a bar. He said when he saw the girl undressed and he realized her boobs were fake, he was rather turn off at first, but then he decided to carry on and “My!”, he said, “the fake boobs were nice to hold and behold” (I almost died laughing then).

Why? Coz we are living in a world where looks come first. Good looks, pretty features, hot & sexy figure, popular, all that are the most superficial thing people see in us and it is nice to have or to be seen with something pleasing to the eyes and senses. Of course, true beauty is more than meets the eyes; however, the first impression is always determined by how a person looks.

I’m sure many of you noticed in the online network like Facebook, those pretty girls tend to have so many friends, and do you think those girls really know most of the so called ‘friends’ they added?

Most people like to be around someone who is good looking, handsome, pretty, beautiful, hot, sexy, popular and rich. I don’t really know what driven us to behave that way but I guess it has something to do with our ego & the materialism in us.

Say, if I know Rudy & JJ from hitz.fm per say, I’m sure a lot of people would want to get close to me in order to get me to ask for free passes for this and that. Or, if I’m as pretty & hot as Jessica Alba, I’m sure I’ll have lots of guys queuing at the front of my house. :P

I’m pretty sure most people who are into blogging know who Dawn Yang is (you can visit her blog at http://www.dawnyang.com/). Her beauty and her fast success in the blogging world and entertainment industry have earned her a wide base of fans as well as rivals. Her old pictures during high school were exposed and comparison of her then & now pictures were made and it was clear to the world that (unless you are blind or living in a world of denial), she did went under the knife and did something to her entire face. It's neither confirmed nor denied but it is really obvious that she did.

Well, I’m not here to condemn her about what she did to herself. My point is, clearly everyone can tell that she did go for plastic surgery, but then, who cares? She is making money and getting recognition from the media for who she is and how she looks right now. No one cares if she wasn’t as hot (she was not ugly then, but just a slightly above average sweet looking girl), all that matter, She is Hot & Desirable now. There’s even a group call ‘In Love with Dawn’ in Facebook.

And for those who ever condemned her and tried to defame her, to me, it was all an act of sour grapes. Come on, be true to yourself for once, if you have the money (and the guts), don’t tell me you wouldn’t want to go under the knife and make yourself more beautiful, unless you are really happy with the way you are.

Plastic Surgery is no longer a taboo these days, many celebrities did it and so are common people like us. Who knows, perhaps one day I might want to go for breasts enlargement, or make my eyes bigger, or my nose taller & sharper. And if I do, I’ll admit it openly and be proud of it.

I’m pretty happy with how I look right now (though not entirely), and I do not have the money. So, until I’m ready financially & mentally or until I can’t stand the way I look, I’ll just live with the way I am, for now. :P

http://www.ktown213.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9108&sid=6963de0fc1e2ee4cfe37270fb8a384b1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.