Friday, August 10, 2007

The Myths

What sort of myths have you been told by your parents, grandparents, religious member so far? And how many do you believe to the point that you really practice the ritual?

Heard about this topic from one of our local radio station this morning and many called in. Well, there were mixed responses to different myths.

I'm not so sure about other races and religions, but for Chinese, we have hell lots of myths from not to cut your hair (basically you are not suppose to cut anything) on the 1st day of CNY, no sweeping floor until the 2nd day of CNY (else you might sweep away all your wealth & luck), one who is getting married shouldn't attend someone else wedding if both weddings fall in the same month (some pantang larang thingy-lah), one should wear red underwear during gambling session (for 'Ong' reason), men shouldn't touch or wash women undies (even their own wives') coz would get bad luck (I wonder what difference does it make when you already touch it during all your love making sessions), and etc ( I can keep going but I think you have enough here ;P)

I don't really believe or give a hoot about all these myths actually, but some are better to follow for the sake of ours and/or our beloved well being coz no one would dare to do the opposite anyway. Of course lah, if something really goes wrong, who can you blame except yourself. And I refused to give people the pleasure of telling to my face, "I TOLD YOU SO!" Bleh!

But, my only concerns is my acne problem. There are many myths about the food intake that causes acne problems. I have read many articles and have watched many documentaries about acne problems related to food intake, Some experts tell you those are all myths, that acne has nothing to do with what you eat, but some say it does.

Base on my personal experience, what I can tell you is...listen to your own body. If you read about eating peanuts causes breakouts is a myth but somehow your acne gets worse after you pop some peanuts, then don't be so Doh-Doh Brain and continue, coz each person have different genes, DNA, hormone level and different health condition. What's harmless for others, might be a real KILLER to you....

This is my 2 cents based on personal painful experience...... guess I have to say goodbye to my beloved peanuts and there goes my all time favourite Peanut Butter Jam. Why some people can eat as much as they like but nothing happen??? Isn't it suppose to be just a MYTH? Not Fair....WAAAAAAA WAAAAA.......



So, what's the most bizarre myth you have ever heard?

No comments: