Thursday, August 23, 2007

What the FISH!

What is this???

My new pet gold fish....... it's swimming in my stomach now!
I believe most people have eaten this before. You can always find this kind of plain little biscuits that come in the form of fish, rabbit, piggy, dragon, etc when the lantern festival just around the corner.
During my younger days, my mom used to bought this biscuits for me every year. I like it because it is not sweet, no oily and it is so adorable! Even till these days I still like it a lot.
I've not eaten this biscuits for the passed 4-5 years mainly because after I've got married and stay away from my parents, no one buy for me already. :P
But last year my hubby surprised me one evening with two of these biscuits (there were one rabbit and one fish) and I was overwhelmed. Yes....I'm really easy to pleased..... little gesture as such is good enough to make my day. :)
Of course, I still like the normal mooncakes with the red beans paste and lotus seed paste. For the past few years, I do enjoy the lovely moment where after dinner, my family will all sit around at the front porch, enjoy the mooncakes and chinese tea while feeding the mosquitos as the same time.
But one thing I don't quite understand. Why is the mooncake getting more and more expensive year after year? 1 piece can cost up to RM11.00. Aduh!
But then again...why am I complaining?! I also don't need to buy....I have plenty of free mooncakes to eat every year! Muahahahahahaha.....

No comments: