Sunday, August 26, 2007

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

I have a really WEIRD obsession..... I have an obsession with numbers (be it in maths class, watching TV, listening the radio, or in the room). I'm obsessed with even numbers while loathing odd numbers (they cause me a great deal of anxiety and often make me uncomfortable or even angry). But I think my condition is not serious and it is certainly not harmful to myself and others, so far.

One of my most obvious behaviour is when I adjust the TV or radio volume, I MUST tune the volume to EVEN number. Doesn't matter if someone else already tune the volume but as soon as I realised it is not tune to the EVEN number, I'll re-adjust it just to get the EVEN number(s).

I know it's weird (I even have a very weird slang when I say the word 'Weird'). Ask me the next time you see me.

I think things are nicer in pairs, which everything is even. Imagine we only have one eye, one leg, one hand, one ear, one boob...hmmm...how 'odd' would it look? See? Odd is not a good thing.....the odd one out always seem so lonely, so odd!



I also have another obsession, I find it hard to say 'NO' to potatoes. Be it wedges, mash potatoes or fries. I Love Potato! And no wonder I feel like a potato all the time!

What is your obsession then? Share it with me if you have one (or many)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I have the same obsession as well!!! The volume from the radio and TV must be an even number.

As for potatoes, I would say my preference for it, is not at an obsession level yet. :P

Unknown said...

Hi anonymous,

Thanks for reading my blog!

Glad to know someone's having the same obsession with me. At least, I don't feel so 'Weird' now.

Cheers!